Thursday 5 May 2022

2 Poems by Gale Acuff

There's no life forever here on Earth, not

at least until the Judgement Day or is
that the Rapture or whatever it is
there's a New Earth and New Heaven says my
Sunday School teacher so I just smile and
nod my head as if she's right, but I don't know,
I'm only ten years old, I don't know squat
compared to her 25, at least
I hope not, I mean I hope that she knows
more and if I'm right then it's possible
that folks who live to be 100 are
intellectuals or geniuses or
whatever I should call 'em, and maybe
dead folks are the smartest ones of all. No
wonder I believe I'll live forever.


Bioinfo

Gale Acuff  has had poetry published in Poetry Pacific, Ascent, Reed, Poet Lore, Chiron Review, Cardiff Review, Poem, Adirondack Review, Florida Review, Slant, Nebo, Arkansas Review, South Dakota Review, Roanoke Review, and many other journals in a dozen countries. Gale has authored three books of poetry: Buffalo Nickel, The Weight of the World, and The Story of My Lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment