Tuesday 5 November 2013

1 Poem by G David Schwartz

I Never Had A Packard

I never owned a Packard
But I was not a slackerard
I would get out and walk
In and out and around the partook
I never had a Chevy
Thought my friend Bill did
When he graduated high-school
When we were just kids
I never had a Ford,
A Buick or any other
Why that was
you'll have to ask me mother
But I rarely walked
I was a lazy kid
I saved the money from pop bottles
And bought myself a Schwinn


Bionote

G. David Schwartz is the former president of  Seedhouse, the online interfaith committee. Schwartz is the author of A Jewish Appraisal of Dialogue (1994) and Midrash and Working Out Of The Book (2004).   Currently a volunteer at The Cincinnati J, Schwartz continues to write. His newest book, Shards And Verse (2011) is now in stores or can be order on line.

No comments:

Post a Comment