Wednesday 5 February 2014

1 Poem by G David Schwartz

My Mother Knew Sylvia Plath

My mother knew Sylvia Plath
But did not know  Ted Hughes
She told me that one day
I rejoiced in the news
I asked what was Ms Plath's
favorite subject in school
And favorite color
Did she have a sister or a mule
Or did she have a brother
Oh said my mother,
You silly silly boy
What are you talking about?
I just knew her work
Well that was a lesson
And here I will mention
I knew William Shakespeare
When I was a boy


Bionote

G. David Schwartz - the former president of Seedhouse, the online interfaith committee. Schwartz is the author of A Jewish Appraisal of Dialogue and Midrash: Working Out Of The Book. Currently a volunteer at the Cincinnati J in Cincinnati, Schwartz continues to write. His new book, Shards and Stanzas is now able to be ordered: www.amazon.com/Shards-Stanzas-48-Forty-Eight/dp/1462648800 davidschwartzg@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment