Sunday 5 May 2019

2 Poems by Inna Dulchevsky

every day

a good day at its being
and I am like a stork
patiently moving
through my last night visions
word after word cascades
from my pen
into a long confession
obeying the notebook’s lines

and like a snail
that sticks its body
to a wooden piece
and sucks away the color
I nourish myself on sunlight
I drink from sunrays
as if they are straws
into an abandoned sweetness

I watch a hummingbird
that vibrates its wings next to me
combs an air
for a spider’s silk
sounds of a distant piano
Nocturne’s echo
“Life is love. All else is
imagined confusion.”


river like river
 Life, after all, is not as good or as bad as we believe it to be. ~ Guy de Maupassant

distortion of the trees
    distortion of my body
in the waters I look and
see time passing
    current after current
my silhouette
          my hair grows longer
                     it twists my body
                              bends it at my knees
                                             sediments on the ground
                    without feet
           my memories from memories
                       my thoughts…
and thoughts of leaves
    from trees
                       are running     
       running
                     running
within my mind 
just like these tree leaves
                           floating by
before my eyes
                                       away!
     some leaves are spectral
  some like ashes
charred
by impermanence
      it alters 
            its best


Bionote

Inna Dulchevsky spent her early school years in Belarus. She currently resides in Brooklyn, New York. She was awarded First Prize in the 2014 David B. Silver Poetry Competition. Inna’s work has been published in numerous anthologies and journals including Storm Cycle: Best Poetry of 2015, The Otter, Peacock Journal, First Literary Review – East, POETRY PACIFIC, Mad Swirl, Suisun Valley Review, South Florida Poetry Journal, The Mind[less] Muse, Aquillrelle Anthology #5 and #7, Pyrokinection, Napalm and Novocain, Jellyfish Whispers, book Lavender, The Cannon’s Mouth, New Poetry, Spark Magazine, Calliope Magazine, KNOT Magazine, 4th annual LUMMOX Poetry Anthology, Antheon, and Manzano Mountain Review. In MeArteka Inna's poems have been published in both English and Albanian. Her interests include psychology, philosophy, meditation and yoga. The light and expansion of consciousness through the connection with inner-self and nature are essential in the writing of her poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment