Sunday 5 May 2019

4 Poems by Kyle Allan

There

There is a place
where the wind still
connects our steps
to the sky.


Water spills

Water spills on the poem
and runs off the edges of the page.


Gravity

Sometimes I feel your life
can be measured
in the falling of a petal,
making hardly a sound,
a sweet beautiful thing
falling.


Journey

I have my eyes on the road in front of me,
but I keep looking in my rear view mirror,
expecting to see you.


Bionote

Kyle Allan is a South African writer, recording artist, event organiser and educator/facilitator. He has published two books of poetry, House without walls (2016), and The space between us (2018), and is currently the editor of the prestigious 55 year old Rhodes University based poetry journal, New Coin magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment