Tuesday 5 May 2020

2 Poems by Beate Sigriddaughtr

A Prayer for the Swans

My dear one,
many troubled years ago
I had a dream
in which you killed
six flying swans.
I was so angry
that I told you of my dream
and you were deeply hurt.
Now I will come to you again.
Let my swans live.

"A Prayer for the Swans" was previously published in the anthology Old Friends (Celadon Press 1979) under the author's prior name Beate Goldman.


Snapshot: City Night

pink satin high heels

with a bow at the ankle

the owner smoking

a cigarette

with her peach mouth


so much depends

on hours she spent

getting ready for this

puffing with her

girlfriends in the rain

"Snapshot: City Nights" was previously published in Mad Swirl (2018)


Bionote

Beate Sigriddaughter, www.sigriddaughter.net, is poet laureate of Silver City, New Mexico (Land of Enchantment), USA. Her work has received several Pushcart Prize nominations and poetry awards. New books out in 2018 were Xanthippe and Her Friends (FutureCycle Press) and Postcards to a Young Unicorn (Salador Press).

No comments:

Post a Comment