Tuesday 5 May 2020

5 Poems by Charles Pinch

All for Frances


SUMMER

Joe, when I say I want

to get lost in the green

what I mean is to climb

into the experience…

To grow not up, older,

Sideways but into—

like you grow into a body.

Like Daphne grew into a tree.



FOX

Why should the fox be?

A slip of flash and mud.

Existentially charged

And

Landing with a

Thud!


HE AND I

My body’s grown a tumor.

I’ve given it a name.

One day Bob will kill me.

Isn’t it a shame?


LOVE POEM

Moment to moment

Over and over

Time after time

Again and again


DOG, INFINITY…

On a hill with Blackie

The universe spins around me

In perfect pitch.

The music of the spheres is

Is the sound of

Exploding atoms.

So silent. So still.

Even if I reach for it

My arms are

Miles

Too

Long.


Bionote

Canadian Charles Pinch hold degrees in Art History and Philosophy from McMaster University. Many of his short stories have been published both in print and online. He is co-founder and senior editor of the literary journal Fleas on the Dog. He lives with his boyfriend, writer Nick North in a place that shall remain nameless.

No comments:

Post a Comment