Tuesday 5 May 2020

2 Poems by Josh Medsker

Four Inspiring Quotes
(with Inspirobot)

I. Life is not a project, it’s a joke;
understand that you’re losing your mind.

II. Trust the silliness, not the realness, for
if you believe in yourself, a comedian wins.

III. Encourage the cosmofinity of animals, for
without consciousness there is no rhythm.

IV. Look busy and ask no questions (after the
impossible comes the confusion).


Hair Poem

When you fall asleep on the couch
and your mouth’s slightly open

I lean over and kiss your temple
smelling up all of you, just
filling my mind with you

before going upstairs
for more tea.

Sometimes I just want to
clip a lock of your hair

so I can glue it on me
like a mustache

and wear you every day.


Bionote

Josh Medsker's writing has appeared in many publications, including: Poetry Pacific, Contemporary American Voices, The Brooklyn Rail, The Review Review, Haiku Journal, and Red Savina Review. For a complete list of Mr. Medsker's publications, please visit his website. (www.joshmedsker.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment