Monday 5 May 2014

1 Poem by Vladimir Swirynsky

Alien Worlds

She is on the Cover
Stepping out of her crashed
Spaceship---
Beautiful legs,
Clear plastic helmet
So we can see
Her beach whisper blond hair.
She undresses to bathe
In a small lake,
Showing just enough
Of  her desk toys that there
Could be no better gift.

I’m just a kid on a bicycle
Turing the pages,
A baseball card in the spokes
To record my journey.
For decades I would dodge
The real world, seeking new earths,
Afraid to grow up,
Ignoring the wild possibilities,
The deep earth beauty
Of the woman
I slept with.


Bionote

I started writing poetry at the age of 45 after spending two weeks at Mardi Gras. My 20th book of prose just out "Poetry: The Tedious Mining of Words" from New Kiev Publishing.  poems forth coming in The Portland Review, Dead Flowers, A Poetry Rag and Avatar Review.  I hope to move out west, wherever the car breaks down, hopefully near a drive-in theatre in Arizona with a wonderful view of the mountains. walter.bargen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment