Monday 5 May 2014

4 Poems by Damian Ward Hey

Kernels

do
I seek
kernels

that
grow into
poems

or
just
kernels


Suffering

bowl

mind

alone

together

 
Cathedrals

in the heft
of everyday things
there are cathedrals


Spring Poem

after zazen
while the finger
is still pointing at the moon
and I cannot yet feel my feet
again
I hear the ice-cream truck’s song
in the street
outside
for the first time
and am reminded
all the more so
of Spring’s insistence


Bionote

Damian Ward Hey is co-founder and editor in chief of and/or, an international print journal of experimental writing and graphic art (www.and-or.org).  He is the executive editor of Ars Omnia Press (www.arsomnia.org).  His work has been published, most recently, in Truck, Danse Macabre, and Blaze Vox.  A poem, “Tongue,” will also appear in the next issue of Cricket Online Review, Vol. IX, No. I.       
 <andandor@live.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment