Sunday 5 November 2017

1 Poem by Allison Grayhurst

How The Sky Came

When I was a grain of sand,
I saw a rainbow robe
the sea - the weather passed
and turned me into
rock.

When I was a rock
dust and tears made a bed
inside of me, until
a mountain I rose.

When I was a mountain,
protecting beasts and people
from the city’s pillaged tongue,
giving them sanction
beneath my hard shawl,
a hand swept down
and destroyed my peace,
turning me into sky:

a castle for the stars.


Bionote

Allison Grayhurst is a member of the League of Canadian Poets. Three of her poems have been nominated for Sundress Publications “Best of the Net” 2015, and she has over 1000 poems published in more than 410 international journals and anthologies. Her book Somewhere Falling was published by Beach Holme Publishers, a Porcepic Book, in Vancouver in 1995. Since then she has published twelve other books of poetry and seven collections with Edge Unlimited Publishing. Prior to the publication of Somewhere Falling she had a poetry book published, Common Dream, and four chapbooks published by The Plowman. Her poetry chapbook The River is Blind was published by Ottawa publisher above/ground press December 2012. In 2014 her chapbook Surrogate Dharma was published by Kind of a Hurricane Press, Barometric Pressures Author Series. In 2015, her book No Raft – No Ocean was published by Scars Publications. More recently, her book Make the Wind was published in 2016 by Scars Publications. As well, her book Trial and Witness – selected poems, was published in 2016 by Creative Talents Unleashed (CTU Publishing Group). She is a vegan. She lives in Toronto with her family. She also sculpts, working with clay; www.allisongrayhurst.com

No comments:

Post a Comment