Sunday 5 November 2017

2 Poems by Marc Carver

ALL BAD

You can't kid yourself forever
You can't really kid other people either.
They believe
what they want to believe,
good or bad.

It has taken me a whole life
to work that one out.
I guess I learnt a few other things along the road.

They say you never stop learning
but who are they?
A thought,
an abstraction
a postman farting in the wind.

This
they
whoever they are
won't kid themselves about me either.
HIM HE IS ALL BAD.


THE ETERNAL CITY

I wake up from my nap
it is still morning.
Think about going out into the world
but find it hard
after all saying hi to a stranger that you never see again
gets you down after a while.

I woke up to a drilling in my head
it could be one of all those people in my head.
You can look at my poetry and think it was written by a hundred different people.
A whole legion
up there.
Yea perhaps it was one of them trying to spear his way out of my head
but hang on little man,
where would you go
after all Rome is a long way.



No comments:

Post a Comment