Monday 5 November 2018

1 Poem by Vicki Iorio

Response to #1263

Tell all the truth but tell it slant--

O Emily, I can tell you about slant
rhymes, half rhymes, half moons
my slant, code name for my secret lips

but you are talking about the truth
sometimes slanted, hooded, fakery
not the slant of my pelvic tilt.

Did you ever tilt your world,
rock the Amherst gloom?
If truth be told

gradually, you say
so to dazzle. I think the truth
should not be a blush growing slowly

but a flash of light igniting veins
exposing birds in the the blind--

I fell in love at Mcnally Jackson
\your hair an unapologetic viper's nest

Your words,
an open invitation

Your belly button beneath bare midriff
a sex organ

Your long legs dressed in pimp bell bottoms
He/She/ binary/cis


When you read your poetry
at McNally Jackson

I died and went to heaven
Let's name our daughter McNally Jackson

Private school baby
We drop her off at Smith

and have a New England weekend
you write me poetry

with words pulled from the ropes of your hair


Bionote

Vicki Iorio is the author of the poetry collection, Poems from the Dirty Couch, Local Gems Press, 2013 and the chapbook, Send me a Letter, dancinggirlpress. You can read Iorio's work in Hell strung and Crooked, I Let Go of the Stars, (Great Weather for Media), The Brownstone Poets Anthology, The San Pedro Review, The Mom Egg, Crack the Spine, The Painted Bride Quarterly, The Fem Lit Magazine, Redheaded Stepchild Magazine, The Paper Street Journal, Poetry Bay, Home Planet News,Concise, Cactus Heart, Rattle on line,South Florida Poetry Journal, 521 Magazine,RatsAss Review, New York Times, blog site, Poetry Super Highway, Eratio Poetry Journal, In Between Hangovers, Conch.es, Anti Heroin Chic, Misfit, Califragile Poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment