Thursday 5 November 2015

1 Poem by Richard Schnap

DIARY OF A GHOST

These streets tell me stories
Like an old man reading his memoirs

Of schools whose lessons I ignored
Preferring those I learned in bars

Of jobs that became like jails
Where I taught myself how to get fired

Of songs I wrote in solitude
To win the hearts of invisible women

Of friends that I came to love
Only to hear one day that they died

Of nightclubs like second homes
That transformed into vacant lots

Of watching the world grow younger
While I watched myself growing old

Until I was fully that old man
Reading his memoirs to the wind


Bionote

Richard Schnap is a poet, songwriter and collagist living in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. His poems have most recently appeared locally, nationally and overseas in a variety of print and online publications.

No comments:

Post a Comment