Thursday 5 November 2015

2 Poems by Joe Frey

Coffee Stains   (variation)



when the
contents spill


                          an unmistakable blemish forms




    an imminent pirouette


                                streaking the
glass of my mind




             belly-up


                         

saturates and
permeates too,



             pouring over to infect



meandering
herself


                                        through
my head


                           damaging my surface


         and eternally


spoiling my content



*     *     *     *     *


Two Birds to each other


 You look while
I look


Upon the
inverted sphere


Of the sky


And this
morning


I shall sing



The sun I will
serenade


Coaxing the
light


To warm the air
between us


The green
feasts causing feasts


And we squirm
for the worm



Footfalls upon
the marsh below


As an impartial
light


I am driven
away


Flock in a
mockery


Against the
curvature of the sky


Bionote


I have been writing for over twenty-five years, a quarter-century, and just recently began sharing my poetry with the rest of the world. My work has been published in numerous journals online and in printed form in such places as, The Storyteller, Westward Quarterly, Avocet, Literary Tonic, Chronogram, among others. My work has also been anthologized.

No comments:

Post a Comment