Friday 5 May 2023

1 Poem by E. Martin Pedersen

Growth & Theft

I grow tired of listening
to my record over and
over I look in the mirror
every day driving here
to there eating and shitting
me me me
and you imaginary
or true
who are you?
do I care
do I dare
creep into another shell
hermit the crab
feel the porcelain on my back
smooth cool Mother of Pearl
can't see the aurora, taste
the grit, another's smell
I'm nearly stuck
end of luck or new
start poke my head
out to look about
I'm old, before I go
say I don't care, yet
Yes, I dare.


Bionote

E. Martin Pedersen, originally from San Francisco, has lived for over forty years in eastern Sicily, where he taught English at the local university. His poetry appeared most recently in Avatar Review, Canyon Voices, Slab, SurVision, and Helix Literary Magazine, among others. Martin is an alumnus of the Community of Writers. He has published two collections of haiku, Bitter Pills and Smart Pills, and a chapbook, Exile's Choice, from Kelsay Books. A full collection, Method & Madness, is forthcoming from Odyssey Press. Martin's poem, "Gull Eggs," was nominated by Flapper Press for the Best of the Net Award 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment