Friday 5 May 2023

2 Poems by Marie-Andrée Auclair

Lineage

as long as I
collect words
thread them up
pearls on throat’s velvet skin
style sentences
to gong beat
or strum of strings
word given, same as word kept
and peel skin from words
like bark from tree
dissect their roots
grown in loamy
or rocky history

as long as I
dig for roots
I catch glimpses of mine
exhume names of my ancestral tree.


Embrace

body
sucks in
world around
through
mouth, lungs
greets
pictures, words
eyes and ears
satiation
the world around
turns up inside
absorbed
adopted
made me
made mine

then discarded
exhaled
digested
shed
forgotten
missed
longed for
like company

open
body porous


Bionote

Marie-Andrée Auclair’s poems have found homes in many print and online publications in Canada, the USA, UK, Ireland and Australia; to name a few: Bywords (Canada); Poetry Pacific (US); The Phoenix (US); Structo (UK). She lives in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment