Friday 5 May 2023

2 Poems by Colin Ian Jeffery

She who gave life purpose


She who gave life purpose

Took my heart by storm

Made my Muse sing loud

Bathed my soul with love.


She gives each day meaning

Enhancing every minute

Banishing the darkness

Giving light showing me the way.



On reaching old age


Time is fleeting in its passing

And does jolt the memory

Recalling images of long ago

When life seemed to stretch far away

Safe from Death’s stalking shadow.


As a child I thought as a child

Seeing only bright summer days

With friendships I thought to last forever

And parents who could never die

Old age a distant foreign land.


Now walking the land of the elderly

Old bones and old man troubles

Wondering how long before Death

No longer stalks but claims me

And time is no longer fleeting and stops.


Bionote

Colin Ian Jeffery is a modernist poet, a movement with development of imagism stressing clarity, precision in the economy of language. He has a strong reaction against war, tranny, oppression of the truth, while unlike other poets in the modernist movement like Dylan Thomas and Ezra Pound he has a profound faith in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment