Saturday 5 May 2018

1 Poem by Mark Weinrich

  HUMMER ENCHANTMENT


 Something magic hovered at break of day,
And startled me from my watering trance;
She trespassed rudely in my shower spray.
Shimmering green, then white with flashy dance.
She hung effortless in luminous grace,
With a rainbow’s iridescent glow.
I wondered at her need for water’s embrace
Was it seconds, minutes, I do not know?

I longed for fragrance of her majesty
Some evidence to mark she filled the air.
Why would she choose a gardener like me?
Perhaps it was pity, she lingered there.
Whatever her reason she rainbowed my day,
Dancing like a fairy in crystal spray.

Bionote

Mark Weinrich has been in remission from Leukemia for almost five years.  He is a gardener, hiker, musician, and pastor (for over 38 years).  He has had over 370 poems, articles, and short stories published in 105 different publications, some include THE UPPER ROOM, BIRDS AND BLOOMS, NEW MEXICO MAGAZINE, IDEALS, THE SECRET PLACE, and LIVE.  He has also sold eight children’s books and currently has two fantasy novels on Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment