Saturday 5 November 2016

2 Poems by Sudeep Adhikari

The Cosmos is the Great Attractor

Spaced far apart
through galactic voids
Now I have a piece of you
in the form of ripples
of your gravitational waves
and few packets of gravitons
I send you some.
In my universe
nothing is on its own
abide,
only relations and ripples.

the reciprocal fields
of our own atoms
swarm us, Now Science says
and I always knew
we are the inter-penetrating shapes,
 mapped by a singular soul.

The cosmos is the great attractor
the quark that goes
into making my cell
also gravitates the entire universe,
there is no "I",
alone and self-existent
in this relational manifold
of matter and mind.


The World as a Dubstep Gig

A door of gossamer glass, separates
my engineered sound with the rest of the world
a dragonfly rests on the electric-cable,
bending like a Möbius strip
buzzes, and  fans a distant rhododendron.
Relations are real,
they are as concrete as global warming
and smart-phone selfies.
a hyperlinked network, for a world
I live in, a Shangri-La of sonic entanglements.

more than we see the world, we hear it more
we have just gone unconscious
of the primal bass-drop, lost in a glissando slide.
the cosmic soundscape,
weaves the screams of supernovas
with the barking stray-dogs, ringing cell-phones
Skrillex's LPs and the molecular hums.

I hear, therefore I am
connected
or maybe, the world is just a Dubstep gig.


Bionote

Sudeep Adhikari, from Kathmandu Nepal, is professionally a PhD in Structural-Engineering. He lives in Kathmandu with his wife and family and works as an Engineering-Consultant and part-time lecturer  His works have recently been featured in Verse-Virtual, Arlington Literary Journal, Zombie Logic Review, DEAD SNAKES, UFO Gigolo, Literary Yard, The Peregrine Muse, Soul-Lit Magazine, Novelmasters, Kyoto Journal and Misfit Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment