Sunday 5 May 2024

1 Poem by Duane Anderson


Music Selection

Norman Greenbaum’s Spirit in the Sky,
Howlin’ Wolf, Dean Martin, George Gershwin
tunes along with many other familiar favorites

of mine played on the radio. This unique
selection of artists was to say the least, unusual,
not unlike the ones who put the collection

together, or the one who chose to play this channel,
and maybe the most unusual one of all, me,
but I had to commend them on their selection for today.

The music was heaven to my ears, something
that rarely happened, and definitely kept me
entertained as I waited for donors

to come in for their appointment.
My feet danced under the table,
a smile spread across my face.


Bionote

Duane Anderson currently lives in La Vista, NE. He has had poems published in Fine Lines, Cholla Needles, Tipton Poetry Journal, and several other publications. He is the author of ‘On the Corner of Walk and Don’t Walk,’ and ‘The Blood Drives: One Pint Down,’ and ‘Conquer the Mountains.’

No comments:

Post a Comment